The NOAA Marine Debris Program offers several nationwide, competitive funding opportunities for marine debris projects. These include: marine debris removal grants; prevention through education and outreach grants; and research grants. Learn more about these opportunities.
Florida & the Caribbean
The NOAA Marine Debris Program works with partners in Florida and the Caribbean on marine debris projects, including assessing regional needs, removal efforts, developing and implementing prevention strategies and action plans, and education and outreach.
Reports and Materials
- Save the date for the Florida Marine Debris Reduction Planning Workshop from January 30 - February 1, 2019. Registration available soon
- Learn more about derelict, abandoned, and at-risk vessels in Florida.
- Removing Hurricane Debris from Florida’s Coral Reefs
- NOAA Marine Debris Awards Funding to Clean up Marine Debris in 2017 Hurricane-Affected Areas
- Aquaculture Debris Prevention in Florida and Beyond
- The First Ever Large-Scale Mangrove Cleanup in the U.S. Virgin Islands Nets Thousands of Pounds of Debris
Ocean Aid 360's Ghost Trap Rodeo is supported through a Marine Debris Program Community-based Removal Grant